Location: Broomfield, CO 80020
Altius is a subsidiary of Voyager Space and our vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
A key ingredient in all these systems is Altius’ electro permanent magnet (EPM) technology, which uses high-power pulsed electronics to reprogram permanent magnet arrays, creating a solid-state switchable magnet that combines the no-power hold capabilities of permanent magnet arrays with the rapid control of electromagnetic systems.
We are continuously seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team and help us achieve our vision of reliable solid-state Space interfaces.
The Electronics Technician will directly support Electrical Engineers with circuit card assembly, rework, modifications, and repairs, as well as other support as needed.
Circuit card assembly/component population for limited production runs or prototyping, repair or modification of electronics hardware with minor troubleshooting, building harnesses for test and customer delivery, support system testing, and administrative tasks such as component inventory setup and management. The technician is expected to work closely with Electrical Engineers to improve testability and manufacturability.
- Soldering and surface mount component rework compliant with IPC J-STD-001
- Knowledge of IPC-610 soldering standards
- Ability to build wire harnesses and custom cable assemblies from drawings and schematics
- White-wire and other design modifications to test hardware
- Testing and visual inspection of assemblies
- Experience with adhesives, conformal coating, staking, and potting materials
- Experience with oscilloscopes, power supplies and other diagnostic tools
- Current or expired certiﬁcation for Rework, Modiﬁcation and Repair of Electronic Assemblies (IPC-77 11B/7721B)
- Ability to read and understand work instructions and engineering drawings
- Cutting, crimping and preparation of wires in accordance with work instructions
- Self-motivated, and accepting of challenges
- An associate’s degree is strongly desired, but this requirement can be waived for sufficiently experienced candidates.
- At least 2 years of experience working with electrical/electro-mechanical assemblies (soldering, harness assembly, troubleshooting)
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Experience with printed circuit boards and components
- Ability to use all standard office equipment including personal computers and Microsoft Office products including Excel – basic data entry
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with wire, cable assemblies, and surface mount electronic components
- Ability to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the electronic assembly product life cycle
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Compensation and Benefits
Altius anticipates a salary that is competitive to market pay rates, depending strongly on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k, and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
Altius does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible, a portfolio of some of your past work to email@example.com with Electronics Technician in the subject line.