Broomfield, CO 80020
This position is for an Electrical Engineer who will support the design, build, and test of cutting-edge space hardware and electronics. The work you will perform at Altius has direct tangible effects on the development of brand-new technology that can shape the future of aerospace. The team you will be working with is small, close-knit, and friendly, but the work itself is challenging. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for handling critical tasks and contributing at a high level. If you excel in fast-moving and dynamic work environments, a job at Altius Space Machines may be for you.
Job duties include:
- Designing, Building, Manufacturing, and Debugging of PCBs of moderate complexity
- Using circuit simulation software, such as PSpice or ANSYS, to design and analyze integrated circuits
- Designing test equipment and fixtures, including the layout of necessary components such as sensors, instrumentation, etc.
- Conducting experiments on prototype hardware, collecting and analyzing data, and communicating results in technical reports
- Running software simulations on circuit behavior or hardware performance, using programs such as ANSYS Maxwell.
- Sourcing hardware, communicating with vendors, and conducting technical research to further the goals of the project
The well qualified candidate will have both hands-on shop experience and strong engineering design fundamentals. While previous experience designing electronic systems for spacecraft is not required, direct experience with spacecraft electronics is highly desirable. Additionally, this candidate must be proficient in the duties of an R&D lab environment, such as conducting experiments, collecting data, and clearly communicating results both verbally and in written technical reports. Candidate must be dependable, mechanically and electrically competent and able to take on multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Candidate must be able to operate with minimal oversight, and be proactive in researching information and learning new skills to accomplish the jobs at hand. Excellent candidates will have a comprehensive track record of hands-on workmanship and initiative to solve difficult challenges.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with embedded firmware
- Significant experience with at least one CAD program (SolidWorks strongly preferred)
- Significant experience with at least one EDA software (such as Eagle)
- Experience designing and populating PCB boards with off the shelf electrical components
- Ability to conduct experiments and communicate results
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Understanding of design processes (proper concept generation and selection based on design requirements)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
Other Desired Skills/Experience
People with varied and broad skills do well at Altius, where every problem requires input from multiple disciplines to solve. Proficiency with LabView or similar data acquisition software is strongly preferred. Experience with embedded firmware is a plus. Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software, robotics control systems, machine tools, cryogenic systems, and/or vacuum chamber equipment is also a plus.
Candidates with a specific background with magnetics and pulsed power electronics are preferred.
Experience with aerospace-grade document and configuration control systems is a plus.
Altius requires electrical engineers of varying levels of experience, and this job description covers the duties and skills required by general candidates. Specific roles, responsibilities, and benefits will be tailored to be commensurate with the engineer’s experience level.
In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
To apply, please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Electrical Engineer" in the subject line of the email.