Electrical Engineering Technician
Broomfield, CO 80020
This position is for an Electrical Engineering Technician who will support the design, build, and test of cutting-edge space hardware and electronics. The work you will perform at Altius has direct tangible effects on the development of brand-new technology that can shape the future of aerospace. The team you will be working with is small, close-knit, and friendly, but the work itself is challenging. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for handling critical tasks and contributing at a high level. If you excel in fast-moving and dynamic work environments, a job at Altius Space Machines may be for you.
Job duties include:
- Simulation / Build / Test of analog and digital circuits
- Debugging, troubleshooting and repairing electrical components
- Interpreting circuit diagrams and laying out, manufacturing, and testing PCBs
- Design of test equipment and fixtures, including the layout of necessary components such as sensors, instrumentation, etc.
- Conducting experiments on prototype hardware, collecting and analyzing data, and communicating results in technical reports
- Sourcing hardware, communicating with vendors, and conducting technical research to further the goals of the project
- Assisting other team members with various duties as needed
The well qualified candidate will have both hands-on shop experience and a strong understanding of electrical and mechanical design fundamentals. Additionally, this technician must be proficient in the duties of an R&D lab environment, such as conducting experiments, collecting data, and clearly communicating results both verbally and in written technical reports. Candidate must be dependable, a self-starter, and able to take on multiple responsibilities simultaneously. Candidate must be able to operate with minimal oversight, and be proactive in researching information and learning new skills to accomplish the jobs at hand. Excellent candidates will have a comprehensive track record of professional or personal projects that showcase needed skills.
- A high-school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience with at least one CAD program (SolidWorks strongly preferred)
- Significant experience with at least one EDA software (such as Eagle)
- Experience designing and populating PCB boards with off the shelf electrical components
- Proficiency with soldering, wiring, and operating common electrical lab equipment
- Ability to conduct experiments and communicate results
- General mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Understanding of design processes (proper concept generation and selection based on design requirements)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
To comply with U.S. export control law, all applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Other Desired Skills/Experience
People with varied and broad skills do well at Altius, where every problem requires input from multiple disciplines to solve. Proficiency with LabView or similar data acquisition software is strongly preferred. Experience with embedded firmware is a plus. Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software, robotics control systems, machine tools, cryogenic systems, and/or vacuum chamber equipment is also a plus.
Compensation for this position will range from $20/hr up to $30/hr dependent upon candidate skills and experience level, and includes medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and any dependents.
To apply, please submit your resume via email to email@example.com with "Electrical Engineering Technician" in the subject line of the email.