Administrative Specialist Level I
Broomfield, CO 80020
Altius a subsidiary of Voyager Space and our vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics, and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
We are continuously seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team and help us reach our vision.
Provide administrative support for engineering department managers and staff members
- Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks, such as, documenting procedures, preparing reports, compiling data for analysis, coordinating activities, investigating, and resolving problems.
- Prepare statistical reports; gather and interpret data; maintain databases, records, spreadsheets; update and track budgets; prepare various schedules and perform data entry.
- Maintain team member calendars and schedule meetings in Outlook.
- Perform computer data entry, retrieval, and word processing. Operate other computer software programs and various other types of office equipment.
- Maintain various tracking databases in Excel.
- File and retrieve records, folders, or other material.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 5 years of related experience.
- Must have extensive computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Applications) and high-level administrative skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning sensitive information is required.
- Ability to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
In addition to required experience, Altius is also looking for a candidate with the following personal characteristics:
- Highly focused/self-starter, who does not need a lot of supervision once given a task.
- Likes solving problems, not just performing tasks.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.
- Methodical, with a high attention to details, and good at taking detailed technical notes.
- Enjoys communicating with customers and other team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
Beyond the required experience and attributes, Altius would also be interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs including SharePoint and/or ability to quickly learn a team collaboration software tool.
- Experience with photoshop, preparation/coordination of presentations.
- Must have ability to work under pressure and handle multiple assignments concurrently.
- Demonstrated decision-making based on knowledge of organization policies and procedures, and the Director´s requirements.
- Experience in aerospace or related fields
Compensation and Benefits
Altius anticipates a salary that is very competitive to market pay rates, depending strongly on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k plan and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
Altius does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible, a portfolio of some of your past work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative Specialist I in the subject line.