Configuration Management/Data Specialist I
Broomfield, CO 80020
Altius a subsidiary of Voyager Space and our vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics, and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
And a key ingredient in all of these systems is Altius's electro permanent magnet (EPM) technology, which uses high-power pulsed electromagnets to reprogram permanent magnet arrays, creating a solid-state switchable magnet that combines the no-power hold capabilities of permanent magnet Halbach arrays with the rapid control of electromagnetic systems.
We are continuously seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team and help us reach our vision.
Altius is seeking a Configuration and Data Management Specialist. Primary responsibilities include all facets of Configuration Data Management to include Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, Production Audits and Reviews, Software Configuration, and Data Management. Support may span multiple NASA and DoD programs and customers
- Assist in the management and maintenance of applicable Contract and Subcontract Data Requirement List (CDRL/ SDRL) requirements.
- Participate in project reviews, meetings, and working groups as applicable.
- Maintain applicable review, meeting, and working group records and process assets (agendas, minutes, actions).
- Assist in Configuration Control Board (CCB) activities.
- Review, develop, and update applicable project documentation for configuration and data management relevant requirements.
- Process requests for configuration identification assignments and maintain accurate configuration identification records.
- Review project-unique specifications (system, development, and product) for both hardware and software to ensure proper format, content, and compliance with contractual requirements and standards.
- Perform the configuration control function including receipt, dissemination, processing, tracking, and final disposition of engineering change proposals.
- Review change proposals for thoroughness, configuration and data management impacts, and compliance with contract CM / DM requirements. Make recommendations for appropriate engineering review and disposition assignments.
- Assist in the preparation and conduct of CCBs.
- Maintain engineering change proposal data and files.
- Support configuration and data management audits, including audit planning, physical and functional audit of hardware and software configuration items (CIs), and disposition and tracking of audit action items and minutes.
- Maintain configuration status accounting databases and records to reflect the approved configuration status of baseline documentation, drawings, software, and equipment.
- Update and maintain the data management repository and associated files / records.
- Review and provide recommendations on deliverable product distribution statements and relevant Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), data rights clauses; and monitor the delivery and approval of project technical data.
- Identify data requirements in contract Statements of Work.
- Manage configurations of software, including configuration planning, data analysis, and maintenance of configuration documents, including engineering documents, design drawings, engineering change notices.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS)
- 10 years of experience in aerospace or related fields.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
In addition to required experience, Altius is also looking for a candidate with the following personal characteristics:
- Highly focused/self-starter, who does not need a lot of supervision once given a task.
- Likes solving problems, not just performing tasks.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.
- Methodical, with a high attention to details, and good at taking detailed technical notes.
Desired Skills and Experience
Beyond the required experience and attributes, Altius would also be interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Enjoys communicating with customers and other team members.
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and standard computer applications to include ability to input, retrieve, and maintain data in repositories, databases, and engineering tools.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility.
- Demonstrated experience fostering solid relationships that promote cooperation and communicate expectations.
Compensation and Benefits
Altius anticipates a salary that is very competitive to market pay rates, depending strongly on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k plan and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
Altius does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible, a portfolio of some of your past work to email@example.com with Configuration Management/Data Specialist I in the subject line.