Broomfield, CO 80020
At Altius, our long-term vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics, and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
A key ingredient in all of these systems is Altius's electropermanent magnet (EPM) technology, which uses high-power pulsed electromagnets to reprogram permanent magnet arrays, creating a solid-state switchable magnet that combines the no-power hold capabilities of permanent magnet halbach arrays with the rapid control of electromagnetic systems. To support a growing number of EPM projects, Altius is expanding its EPM development team, and is seeking an experienced PCB designer to work in a fast-paced team environment on R&D, prototyping, and production of cutting edge EPM-enabled space systems.
- Support and eventually lead complex PCB designs, while ensuring quality, efficiency, and manufacturability.
- Provide support to the design, development, prototype fabrication, and design verification activities.
- Perform schematic capture along with component placement, trace routing, documentation, manual assembly, debugging, and design verification.
- Generate required documentation for processes such as design, assembly, and manufacturing.
- Ability to rout single-ended, and differential-pairs, from engineering inputs, and board mechanical profiles, using the Altium design toolset.
- Generate layout reports for customers and management.
- Work in a team environment providing layout and documentation support for Aerospace/Mil-Spec and commercial PCB designs.
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Mechanical and Thermal Analysts, PCB Fabrication and Manufacturing suppliers.
- Maintaining part libraries, and create/verify component footprints for merging into shared parts libraries.
- Improve and update PCB design processes and procedures
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Handle multiple tasks and provide support of the assigned task
- Will be required to perform other duties as necessary to support Altius programs
- Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years layout experience.
- Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of Altium experience.
- Other design tool knowledge is considered a plus.
- Familiar with Industry Design Standards – ANSI, IPC, ITAR.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of the Altium tool suite is essential and secondary knowledge of Eagle is a plus.
- Experience with digital and analog, in rigid PCB. Experience with Flex and Rigid-Flex designs is a plus
- Passionate about PCB design with a strong desire to expand your knowledge
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player that can multi-task.
- Ability to drive to meet committed schedules.
- Ability to adapt to changing customer requirements.
- Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, Organized, Positive team player.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with MIL-STD and IPC specifications.
- Experience with techniques for reducing EMI and improving signal integrity.
- Experience implementing blind and buried via, microvia and HDI requirements.
- Experience with library part creation and library maintenance.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position will depend on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k plan, and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible a portfolio of some of your past work to email@example.com with "PCB Designer" in the subject line.