Broomfield, CO 80020
Altius a subsidiary of Voyager Space and our vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics, and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
We are continuously seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team and help us reach our vision.
The Principal Investigator is charged to conduct objective research that generates independent, high quality, and reproducible results. The Principal Investigator is responsible for the management and integrity of the design, conduct, and reporting the research of projects and for managing, monitoring, and ensuring the integrity of any collaborative relationships. Additionally, the Principal Investigator is responsible for the direction and oversight of compliance, financial, personnel, and other related aspects of the projects and for coordination with department, and administration personnel to assure research in is conducted in accordance with federal regulations and sponsoring agency policies and procedures.
- Oversee the management, finance, contracts and grants, security, legal, and human resources that support the project.
- Ensure that project management is compliant with policies and procedures.
- Interacts with other project and relevant departments to integrate and manage work plans, budgets.
- Provide technical direction and external engagement of the project.
- Coordinates a matrix management approach to allow building, support, and oversight of technical and functional staff. Ensures requisite training of functional staff of operational procedures to achieve the project strategic goals.
- BA/BS from an accredited course of study, in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or related fields such as Physics, Product development, Biological Science, Architecture with 7 years of relevant experience. Added educational credentials or demonstrated experience could offset the relevant years/education experience requirement.
- Practical knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- The candidate must have good verbal and written communications skills, and interpersonal skills to work with customers, teammates and suppliers.
- Experience with all phases of the program- business development, mission formulation, requirements flow-down, manufacturing, integration and test, and on-orbit operations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
In addition to required experience, Altius is also looking for a candidate with the following personal characteristics:
- Highly focused/self-starter, who does not need a lot of supervision once given a task.
- Likes solving problems, not just performing tasks.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.
- Methodical, with a high attention to details, and good at taking detailed technical notes.
- Enjoys communicating with customers and other team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
Beyond the required experience and attributes, Altius would also be interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team.
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small teams on fast-paced projects.
- Experience in budget management and reporting.
Compensation and Benefits
Altius anticipates a salary that is very competitive to market pay rates, depending strongly on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k plan and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
Altius does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible, a portfolio of some of your past work to firstname.lastname@example.org with Principal Investigator in the subject line.