Program Control I
Broomfield, CO 80020
Altius a subsidiary of Voyager Space and our vision is to enable a future where thousands of people live and work in space, tapping the resources of our solar system for the benefit of humanity. As part of the effort to make that vision become reality, Altius is currently developing modular interfaces for satellite servicing, dust tolerant tool changers for planetary and harsh environment robotics, and docking and refueling systems for space tugs and human lunar landers.
And a key ingredient in all of these systems is Altius's electro permanent magnet (EPM) technology, which uses high-power pulsed electromagnets to reprogram permanent magnet arrays, creating a solid-state switchable magnet that combines the no-power hold capabilities of permanent magnet Halbach arrays with the rapid control of electromagnetic systems.
We are continuously seeking talented and dynamic individuals to join our team and help us reach our vision.
Program Control is responsible for developing and producing financial reporting and analysis including project schedule analysis, actuals tracking, forecasting, funding management, and performance management for our US Government programs. This position maintains and monitors performance metrics and forecasts related to a portfolio of programs. The position is responsible for transforming data into comprehensive reporting for business management decision making
- Prepare revenue and costs forecasts and provide budget inputs to Corporate.
- Establish and refine Estimate to Complete and Estimate at Completion models.
- Review program requirements and spend plans for accuracy and realism to determine if the program is proceeding within available funding and remaining consistent with goals.
- Develop and maintain program level and Business Unit level performance metrics.
- Supporting the protection of -related intellectual property.
- Update monthly program level reporting deliverables for customers.
- Assign employees to projects based on work structure provided by program managers and ensure assignments are in line with Project Authorizations and project plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or Demonstrated Experience in program control. PMP certification is a plus.
- Security clearance is a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years or relevant experience.
- Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development and production phases of the electronic assembly product life cycle.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
In addition to required experience, Altius is also looking for a candidate with the following personal characteristics:
- Highly focused/self-starter, who does not need a lot of supervision once given a task.
- Likes solving problems, not just performing tasks.
- Loves learning and teaching new technical skills.
- Methodical, with a high attention to details, and good at taking detailed technical notes.
- Loves designing and building hardware, but who also knows how to and enjoys communicating with customers and other team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
Beyond the required experience and attributes, Altius would also be interested in candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project. Knowledge of other project control tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and produce program and project plans.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and administer other program related plans such as general program management reports, Pro Forma forecasts, risk reports and variance reports.
- Understanding of Earned Value management techniques and tools.
- General knowledge of Federal Acquisitions Regulations, CAS Compliance, and governmental procurement and operational procedures.
- Data base management skills a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
Altius anticipates a salary that is very competitive to market pay rates, depending strongly on the candidate’s skills and experience. Benefits that come with this position include medical, dental, and vision benefits for both the candidate and dependents, 401k plan and an unlimited paid-time-off policy.
Altius does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send your resume, and if possible, a portfolio of some of your past work to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Control I " in the subject line.